Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This Monday, February 18th, 2008 . . .

This Monday, February 18th, 2008 Wendy and I will embark on our journey to break a World Record. As the Muslims say, insha'allah. God-willing.

Tonight I read the story of Clarence and Mayme Vail who got married back during the Presidency of Calvin Coolidge and are still going strong. Mayme's advice on building a strong marriage? "You've got to have patience."

It's hard to imagine anyone looking back at our wedding year and saying in amazement, "You got married when George W. Bush was President?!?!?!" Though, I guess that can probably be said about a year from now too (perhaps with a different tone).

In any case, read about this very sweet story at The Catholic Spirit.

And, since this will probably be my last post as a bachelor, wish me luck. Say a prayer for us. I'll see you on the flipside . . . as a married man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Christian and Wendy!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!! Maggie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to celebrate the married couple! Best wishes and congratulations, Wendy and Christian! Love, Christine