Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ron Paul! Start a Revolution!

It's taken me a while to write about anything political on this blog. The original intent was not to make this a political blog. However, I've been giddy like a kid at a toy store today with the constant stream of "Breaking News" headlines on CNN.


Here's my take:

John McCain. Patriot and pretty badass guy. I wouldn't mind him as our President though his talk of continuing the fight in Iraq for another 100 years is slightly scary. Better than Bush.

Barack Obama. Our now presumptive Democratic nominee. Inspirational speaker. Too liberal? Talks a good talk and would like to see him try and walk the walk. I'd give him a chance.

Bob Barr. Libertarian, that's a plus. Can't stand his mustache :) Seriously though, his switch from Conservative Republican who supports the War in Iraq and the Patriot Act to Libertarian who now opposes both is a little hard to understand. Though I guess he was duped like the rest of us.

Ralph Nader. Green. Been there, done that. Back in 2000. Not this time.

Ron Paul. Libertarian Republican. Read his book and I'm interested. He won't be winning the Republican nomination anytime soon but there's always the dream. Has some skeletons but overall, I think, he seems to be a pretty honest guy. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be on the ballot in any state in November.

Watch some Ron Paul videos:
The Unofficial Rock Anthem


MLK, JFK, RP


Since Ron Paul won't be on the ballot, I'll have to decide between the first three. Thoughts?

No comments: