Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ledesma endorses . . .

No one. Not yet.

I just did my own analysis of where I stand on certain selected issues with the Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates: I agree with Joe Biden about 70% of the time on the selected issues. 57% of the time with John McCain. About 50% of the time with Sarah Palin. And just 28% of the time with Barack Obama. (I'll post my big fancy chart after I expand it and study the issues more).

I think I'm going to wait until the debates to see if I can get a read on their character and strength before I make my decision - if that does anything to sway me. And thus, I fall into the "independent" or "undecided" category that both parties want to woo to their side. Unfortunately for me, I live in New York. So, with or without my vote, Obama gets the state. I have to say, it does take some of the pressure off.

My next step, in the upcoming weeks, is to focus on the issues that matter the most to me in a Presidential candidate.

Already there have been many private and public responses to my recent posts on this blog and on Facebook. Most are very intelligent responses from people like my kickball friend Steve, old college friends like Katy and Helena, and my former coworker Heather. I thank you all for your thoughtful responses and answers to my questions.

And, to all those who are perplexed by my uneasiness with Obama, please note: I am a registered Democrat in NYC but also have conservative and libertarian tendencies. I should probably change my party registration. I don't like labels.

No comments: