Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saved by Love

The cheese is about to hit the fan...

Last night, Wendy and I went to try and meet up with her cousin who is performing at Calvary Baptist Church tonight. Unfortunately we missed her by a few minutes but are working hard at getting a lot of work done so that we can go and enjoy her performance tonight.

Well, we went to the movies and dinner - a date night! At dinner we were recounting the story of the hand (see yesterday's post). I told her about my attempt to put my wedding ring back on but it being too painful. We talked about how lucky I was that I basically had a tiny bit of swelling and a bruise-like pain, when I thought, I wonder if my wedding ring saved my hand?

I took my wedding ring off and placed it on the restaurant table. I studied it closely and what had been a perfect circle just a few weeks ago was now very slightly oval. Actually, a little more like almost imperceptibly flatter on two opposite sides. I think the ring took some of the "hit."

There were a number of things that had to go right in order for me to walk away with very little damage:
1- Bob's car has rubber liners on the door frame.
2- My ring probably took some of the impact and protected my fingers.
3- My body is unbreakable. *

Considering that the door was pulled closed, was completely closed, latched closed, there were some things that had to work out just right for me to just walk away with pain. Today, the pink is even gone though my fingers are still slightly swollen and it still hurts when I try to put my wedding ring on.

My hand was saved by my wedding ring. I was saved by love. [Insert crowd, "Aww" here]


* This claim is under review by the SuperHeroes Guild of America. Results will not be published.

No comments: