Monday, March 24, 2008

to Lent or not to Lent

After 40+ days of no television or take out, Wendy and I gave in like the closeted gluttons we have been yesterday. We watched a few hours of television and ordered take out from our favorite local Chinese restaurant.

The food didn't taste as great as I remembered and there was nothing to watch on TV.

By mid-afternoon I was feeling dizzy and had a headache. My stomach didn't feel great last night.

Then, pain woke me up this morning. Bad stomach pains. Not sure if I just had a bad batch of Chinese Food or if my stomach couldn't handle junk after 40 days. In any case, I have no appetite and I still feel my intestines cramping.

As painful as it is, this will hopefully diminish our craving for junky food. Lent works!

Thank God I don't have to do this again 'til next year :)

No comments: