Thursday, September 25, 2008

Deacon Christian Alberto Ledesma?

So tonight I kicked the prayer into high gear during the Mets game. With Shea Stadium 's days winding down, my friends and I decided to pay a visit one last time. My Mets, as always, made me suffer.

Going into the 9th inning we were tied 6-6. I was thinking of getting into pleading/begging prayer mode, but figured that that's usually when God laughs and the Mets lose. Instead I petitioned on behalf of the players for speed and strength. I'm pretty sure I threw in something about becoming a Deacon.

And, what do you know? The Mets win.

How does Deacon Christian Alberto Ledesma sound?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do it!!!!!!! Alternatively, you'd make a great Lutheran Minister (I should know, I've gone to Lutheran Church).

Paul Snatchko said...

Sounds great!

Deacon Greg Kandra said...

Yes! We need all the help we can get! :-)

Deacon Greg Kandra
"The Deacon's Bench"