Saturday, August 23, 2008

Biden


By the time I got home last night at 1am, the news outlets already had the "Breaking News" that Obama was picking Joe Biden as his VP. I asked my friend, Adam Who-Should-Become-a-Rabbi what he thought about the pick via text message. A one word response: boring.

In some ways Biden does nothing to bring Obama up in the polls. People don't really know him too well, and those who do tend not to like him because he shoots from the hip. Biden also delivers the state of Delaware - already a Blue state. He's a Catholic! (that can go either way in the polls).

I think that tells us that Obama's not worried about needing a boost in the polls or winning a certain state. He needed to build some foreign policy experience on his ticket, and he got it. Biden's got tons of Foreign Relations experience and has been in Congress longer than even McCain.

I like Joe, even with his lack of filter. I think he's one of those politicians who says what's on his mind so you always know what you're getting. I like that.

I wonder who the Maverick, John McCain, picks now...

Guesses?

(Photo courtesy of http://biden.senate.gov)

No comments: