Monday, August 25, 2008

Click, Click - Make me money!

You may have noticed recently that there are now ads and YouTube videos on my blog (please click on them). You may be wondering what that's all about (try one, click on it, please).

Well, I've sold out!

I found out recently that as a Blogger you can make some cash on the side if you allow ads on your blog (so click on an ad, you know you want to). The way it works is that websites pay Google to put their ads on sites. Then they pay Google for every visitor that clicks on their ad. By allowing ads on my blog, I get a percentage of this ad business. But only if you click on the ads (which I know you want to do). You don't need to buy anything, you don't give them any information, all you have to do is be a smart, curious, intelligent, caring, generous reader who clicks on ads that might interest you. Every time you click, I make a few cents (how nice of you).

Hey, it pays the bills.

The same goes for the YouTube videos found on the right-hand column of this site. Click away! (because you're so kind)

Having said that, you may notice that the ads on the top of the screen and the YouTube videos on the right-hand side are content-specific. Google does its voodoo-magic to match the content of the ad with the content of my blog. So, you'll find a range of ultra-religious to politically liberal themes in the ads and videos, and vice versa. The content is not endorsed by me (but the act of clicking is). So, please, no comments about why I support one candidate over another or subscribe to one religious viewpoint over another based on the ads or videos. They have nothing to do with my own views. However, if you're curious about them, please click (you're awesome that way).

Papa wants a brand new bag.

No comments: